<GSIS BK21> Special Lecture Series 4 - Ethnographic Methods
SNU GSIS BK21 FOUR Program hosts various events inviting prominent figures to deliver distinguished lectures with our 'BK21 Special Lecture Series'.
For our fourth session of this semester, we have Professor Gowoon Noh from the Department of Korean Studies of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, who will deliver two lectures under the theme: "Ethnographic Methods."
Please RSVP via Google survey link by January 25 (Mon): https://forms.gle/JxVXefuFQQutxJDK8. Thank you.
This course aims to introduce various ethnographic field research methods, which are designed to collect qualitative data.
In this course, students will learn the following:
(1) Introduction to ethnographic research methods
(2) Ethical issues in ethnographic research
(3) How to plan and design ethnographic research
(4) Two main methods: Participant Observation and interview.
* Session 1: Feb 2, 2021 (Tue) 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (KST)
Zoom Meeting (ID: 890 7627 1300)
*Direct Link: https://snu-ac-kr.zoom.us/j/89076271300
1) What is ethnographic research?
2) Ethnographic approaches: old and new
3) Ethical issues in ethnographic research
* Session 2: Feb 4, 2021 (Thur) 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (KST)
Zoom Meeting (ID: 867 4783 4451)
*Direct Link: https://snu-ac-kr.zoom.us/j/86747834451
1) Plan and design ethnographic research
2) Participant observation
4) Other methods