We are pleased to announce the call for Spring 2023 SNU Global Scholarship (GS). SNU Global Scholarship is only open to international students enrolled (or will be enrolling) in the graduate program (non-degree students are not applicable). Please see details of the scholarship below and apply within the designated period.
Scholarship Type * May recieve GS 1 OR 2 / Korean Language Training can be received along with GS 1 or 2
1. Global Scholarship 1 (GS 1) : Full Tuition waiver , Monthly Stipend of KRW 1,200,000, and Airfare Support*
* Arrival airfare support given only to newly admitted students (starting study from Spring 2023) whom less than 60 days has passed after entering Korea at the time of the acceptance announcement, or whom arrives in Korea after the announcement, Departure airfare support given only to students who will be graduating in August 2023 and will be departing Korea before September 1st, 2023.
2. Global Scholarship 2 (GS 2) : Full Tuition waiver
3. Korean Language Training : Tuition waiver for the Korean Language Special Program, Evening Class(Spring 2023 OR Summer 2023, one session only)
Supported Period : One semester (for Spring 2022)
- Important Note: In order to receive the GS scholarship, the applicant must have at least 1 regular semester left for the upcoming semester. Those who have finished their courses as of March 2023, cannot receive the GS scholarship.
Application Period : December 2nd~December 12th 18:00, 2022 (online application through mySNU portal)
1. Login to your mySNU account ( https://my.snu.ac.kr/) (newly admitted students must create their own mySNU account)
2. Go to Academic Affairs - Scholarship - Apply/See Status - Apply for Scholarship (Another route: Academic Affairs - My Info - Student Info - Manage Student Services/Activities)
3. Find the notice for SNU Global Scholarship Program and click “Apply”
4. Fill out the reason for applying, then click “Apply”
*Important: students who wish to receive support for Korean Language Training (Type 3) must mention it for the reason of scholarship application (i.e. I wish to receive support for Korean Language Training because…)
Submission of reference documents (if applicable)
Those who want to submit reference documents about family finance difficulties, submit them to the GSIS administration office (140-1, #301)by 12.13(Tue). Then they will be referred.
- Official original document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and parents
- Official original document of annual income for 2022 of both parents and tha applicant(if married, both spouse and the applicant)
※ Official original documents for proof of fact if there is no income
※ Should be notarized in Korean or English if the original is in other languages
※ All documents should be issued within the last 1 year
※ Applicants who submitted the documents for Fall 2022 have to re-submit.
After you apply for the Scholarship, GSIS will screen your application and inform OIA of the screening results. The type of GS you will be receiving (GS 1 or GS 2) will be decided based on the screening results and on the number of spots available at GSIS. “Your Reason for Scholarship Application” should not be longer than 400 words.
Afterwards, OIA will announce acceptance results by email. Only those who are selected will be contacted by email.
Results for applicants who are newly admitted students of Spring 2023: to be announced on December 20th, 2022
Results for applicants who are currently enrolled students: to be announced on January 16th, 2023
Contact Information: +82-2-880-8505, firstname.lastname@example.org
※ GSIS doesn't require video clips despite of OIA's notice and the attached guide. Even if a student submitted one, it will not be referred.
Att. Application Guide(Kor/Eng)