The application deadline for GSIS students who would like to apply for exchange for the Fall semester 2021
■Duration of the program: September 2021-January 2022(only one semester, no extension availible)
■ Who is eligible?
- GPA: GSIS students whose Cumulative GPA is higher than 3.3 out of 4.3
- Eligibility: applicants must be full-time students at GSIS(As the request of Peking University, Students except Chinese nationality students can apply.)
- Language Qualifications: applicants should provide at least IELTs 6.0 or TOFEL 90.
Student is exempt from English requirement if his/her first language is English or he/she has obtained a degree in an English-taught program in an English-speaking country.
■Financial support: student is exempt from tuition fees and will be granted a free accommodation at PKU Global Village and a living stipend (3,000 RMB per month).
*The living stipend will be given only when student comes to Beijing(That means student who takes onlineclasses in their home country will not be granted the accomodation and living stipend).
■Academic requirement: students should take at least three courses (totally 9 credits) at PKU SIS for 2021 fall semester.
Last September Chinese Government lifted the border restrictions for Korean students,they can apply for Chinese visa and enter China mailand.But we cannot guarantee and promise the situation for other international students,whether they can enter China mailand in September will be depend on the global COVID 19 pandemic situation.However,if students cannot come to Beijing in person for 2021 fall semester,they can take PKU courses online.
■ Required Documents for Exchange Program
1. Application & Study Plan Form: (GSIS prescribed form)
2. Two Letters of Recommendation
3. Resume(GSIS prescribed form)
4. A original copy of GSIS transcript
5. A original copy of undergraduate transcript
6. A copy of TOEFL/IELTs score
7. Declaration of Commitment (GSIS prescribed form)
- Applicant who is finished 2nd semester should submit the following form;
'Confirmation of Advisor Approval for Applicants of Exchange Program in their Fourth Semester'
■ Deadline: April 4th(Tue), 2021
* Please send all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org then submit original document to the Office of International Cooperation at GSIS.(Room 301, Bldg. 140-1.)
* If you need more time to get recommendation from professors, please let me know.
*file name should be as 1_file name_your name_SNU ID format (2_recommendation letter_Kildong Hong_2020-22223.hwp)