Please refer to the information as well as the official guideline in attachment (in Korean) for detail.
□ Principle of Reciprocity: The Korean government covers a varying level of medical expenses incurred by and therefore charged to non-Korean nationals, depending upon the citizen’s nationality and their respective country’s policy or Korean nationals in the named country.
- Full support
- (Scope) The named country (including the government and public institutions) fully support COVID-19-related treatment expenses for overseas Koreans
- (Range of Support) Support for all treatment expenses (out-of-pocket expenses and mandatory (non-reimbursement) expenses) are fully provided
- Conditional support
- (Scope) The named country (including the government and public institutions) partially support COVID-19-related treatment expenses for overseas Koreans
- (Range of Support) COVID-19 quarantine expenses (only the hospital room fees, excluding food expenses, medical expenses, etc.)
- No support
- (Scope) The named country does not provide any medical expenses coverage to Korean nationals
- (Range of Support) All expenses must be paid by the patient him- or herself
□ Please visit the COVID-19 government website (http://ncov.mohw.go.kr -> Notice -> Arrivals and Overseas Travelers) for any update on the principle of reciprocity applicable to the country of your nationality. The update will be posted at the end of each month and will apply commencing the 1st of the subsequent month until the month-end.
□ (In Korean) Guidelines on the expense of COVID19 treatment based on the principle of reciprocity