The CAMPUS Asia Program is an educational collaboration between Korea, China and Japan to train a new generation of leaders of Asia. The project aims to nurture future leaders of East Asia with global competence and thorough understandings of East Asian values. The CAMPUS Asia Program also seeks to establish an East Asian academic community and seeks to deepen the mutual understanding among Korea, China, and Japan, and to pave a new path for East Asian regional integration.
SNU-GSIS, along with the School of International Studies at Peking University (PKU) in China and the Graduate School of Public Policy at The University of Tokyo (UT) in Japan, promotes the “BESETO Dual Degree Master’s Program on International and Public Policy Studies.” GSIS will take a leap towards becoming the hub of education and research in Asia by establishing ties with the top universities in East Asia.
CAMPUS Asia Consortium http://www.campusasia.kr/
BESETO DDMP Partner Institutions
The CAMPUS Asia Program allows GSIS students to receive two to three master’s degrees, depending on their duration of study in the respective schools.
- SNU-GSIS: Master of International Studies
- SIS, PKU: Master of Law in International Relations
- GraSPP, UT: Master of Public Policy
By combining the curriculum with different fields of concentration, the CAMPUS Asia Program is designed to enrich and broaden the students’ scope of knowledge in regional and international studies.
Dual Degree Track: 1 year + 1 year + 0.5 year
Students who take the Dual Degree Track will receive their first degree from their home institution (e.g. Seoul National University) and a second degree from the partner institution (e.g. The University of Tokyo) where they studied for a year. A certificate will also be given after studying for one semester at another partner institution (e.g. Peking University). Students are provided with living expenses as well as airfare during their participation in this program.
- Language Programs
- Korean: Language Education Institute (LEI) at SNU
- Chinese: School of Chinese at PKU
- Japanese: Language courses at the Graduate School of Public Policy, UT
- Internship Opportunities
- Korean: Korea Foundation, Samsung Electronics, etc.
- Japan: Chiba Bank, Hitachi Global, Tokyo Gas, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Mizuho Corporate Bank,
- China: UNESCO Beijing Office
- Extracurricular Activities
- Fieldtrips to historical sites, companies, etc.
- Seminars and group presentations
International Summer School
- Each partner institution takes turn in hosting a two-week intensive summer session which involves students and professors of all three institutions in lectures and seminar sessions. The objective is to enable active multi-party discourse and comprehensive understanding on current regional issues.
- All GSIS students are eligible in taking part in the CAMPUS Asia International Summer School.
Learn More about the CAMPUS Asia Program Download