Seoul National University(hereinafter SNU) is proud to announce the beginning of its acceptance for SNU Global Scholarship applications for Spring 2018. SNU Global Scholarship is designed to enable highly competitive students to concentrate on their research and to promote global research environment at SNU.
■ SNU Global Scholarship for Spring 2018
1. Scholarship Summary
- There are 3 types of scholarship in SNU Global Scholarship.
- Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship among these 3 types.
2. Eligibility : International student of GSIS
- An applicant must be a candidate for a master’s degree or a PhD and have taken 9 credits or more (except Dissertation Research) at the previous semester (fall 2017).
- In principle, newly admitted students or who have registered more than 4 semesters are NOT qualified. (have few chance to be selected)
3. Scholarship Types for GSIS
1) SNU Global Scholarship 1 (Type 1) (only for those with career in the public sector)
2) SNU Global Scholarship 2 (Type 2)
3) Korean Language Special Program (Type 3)
: Tuition for Korean Language evening class at the Language Education Institute of SNU (for 1 session, 10 weeks)
※ Applicants MUST complete the ONLINE application for the program by Feb.2 (Fri.), 2018.
Otherwise, scholarship selection might be cancelled.
※ Korean Language Program application is available at: http://lei.snu.ac.kr/site/en/klec/evening/application.jsp
4. Subsidized Period
- Type 1 or 2 : 1 semester or 2 semesters
- Type 3 : 1 session (10 weeks)
※ Scholarship may be renewed on an academic semester basis; the recipients must maintain an average grade point level of 3.0 out of 4.3.
※ Please note that the recipients of the Global Scholarship might be restricted from taking leave of absence. For leave of absence, recipients should contact OIA and the GSIS Administration Office in advance.
5. Required Documents
1) Application form (mandatory, attached at the bottom)
2) Transcript of academic record at your last educational institution (only for newly admitted students)
3) Documents about family finance difficulties (if applicable)
※ Those who want to submit reference documents about family finance difficulties, submit them to the GSIS administration office (140-1, #302). Then they will be referred.
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and parents
- Official document of annual income (2016) of both parents
(※ Should be notarized in Korean or English)
1) Please submit the application form and other required documents (if applicable) by post or in person to the GSIS administration office (Bldg.140-1, #302).
: 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (08826),
Administration Office at Graduate School of International Studies (Bldg.140-1, #302), Seoul National University,
GSIS Scholarship Coordinator
7. Application Period : Dec.18 (Mon.), 2017 ~ Jan.5 (Fri.), 2018
(※ No acceptance after the deadline)
8. Result Announcement for GSIS : at the end of February, 2018
※ Only finally selected candidates will be notified individually by email.
- Graduate School of International Studies : email@example.com, +82-2-880-8505
- Office of International Affairs : firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-880-2519
※ Attached File : Application Form