■ SNU Global Scholarship for Fall 2017
1. Scholarship Summary
- There are 3 types of scholarships in SNU Global Scholarship.
- Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship among these 3 types.
2. Eligibility : International student of GSIS
- An applicant must be a candidate for a master’s degree or a PhD and have taken 9 credits or more (except Dissertation Research) at the previous semester (spring 2017).
- In principle, those who just return after taking leave of absence are NOT qualified.
- In principle, newly admitted students or who have registered more than 4 semesters are NOT qualified. (have few chance to be selected)
(☞ above three conditions do NOT refer to Type 3 scholarship)
1) SNU Global Scholarship 1 (Type 1) (only for those with career in the public sector)
: Tuition, Living Allowance (monthly KRW 1,200,000), Round-trip Airfare (only for freshman)
2) SNU Global Scholarship 2 (Type 2)
3) Korean Language Special Program (Type 3)
: Tuition for Korean Language evening class at the Language Education Institute of SNU (for 1 session, 10 weeks)
※ Applicants MUST complete the ONLINE application for the program by August 4 (Fri.), 2017.
Otherwise, scholarship selection might be cancelled.
※ Korean Language Program application is available at: http://lei.snu.ac.kr/site/en/klec/evening/application.jsp
4. Subsidized Period
- Type 1 or 2: 1 year (2 semesters)
- Type 3: 1 session (10 weeks)
※ Please note that the recipients of the SNU Global Scholarship Program might be restricted from taking leave of absence.
5. Required documents
1) Application form (mandatory, attached at the bottom)
2) Transcript of academic record at your last educational institution (only for newly admitted students)
3) Certificate of work experience in public sector (if applicable)
1) Please submit the application form and other required documents (if applicable) by post or in person to the GSIS administration office (140-1 bldg., #302).
: 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (08826),
Administration Office at Graduate School of International Studies (140-1 bldg., #302), Seoul National University,
GSIS Scholarship Coordinator
2) We ask you to send an email as well to email@example.com with the application form to double check your application.
7. Application Period : June 19 (Mon.) ~ July 7 (Fri.) 17:00, 2017
(※ No acceptance after the deadline)
8. Result Announcement : at the end of August, 2017
※ Only finally selected candidates will be notified individually by email.
- Graduate School of International Studies(국제대학원) : firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-880-8505
- Office of International Affairs(국제협력본부): email@example.com, +82-2-880-2584
※ Attached File : Application Form